Sunday, December 08, 2013

Stardock's Start8 -- A Start Menu for Windows 8

For those of you using Windows 8 and not liking the new interface, there is a great app to bring back a start-menu type interface. I started using this and really like it: www.stardock.com/products/start8/

I am usually a big advocate of adapting new technologies, and the new tiles on Win8 are pretty nice if you are using a touch interface (such as a tablet or trackpad). Not so much on a traditional desktop computer, or like I use, in remote sessions.

I started using this on my work computer and am very happy with it. There is a 30-day free trial, and if you decide you like it the app is only $3.99

I have read you can use it on Server 2012 too and am really looking forward to trying that out (do you have any idea how hard it is to make the "charms" bar work in a vSphere console on a machine you are accessing via RDP?!?!)  

No comments: